When is it time to change your old mattress?
If you do not sleep well, then you have a problem. In 60% of all cases the problem lies within your mattress.
It is time to say "Farewell" to your old mattress, if…
- you feel tired, stiff and sleepy in the morning
- you toss and turn in bed not being able to sleep
- your mattress has visible signs of wear and tear
- your mattress has lost its initial orthopedic or anatomical characteristics.
Buy sleep-related products only in the specialized stores.
You will be offered there all the information you need as well as professional advice to help you make the perfect choice!
Testing and selecting a new mattress
- The mattress that can give you a good night's sleep must be 80 cm wide for a single bed, 140 cm wide for a double bed and at least 10 cm longer than your own height.
- It is not enough to just sit on a mattress or press your hand against its edge in order to try it.
You need to lie on the mattress for at least 5 minutes, with your eyes closed – in other words: assume the normal sleeping position.
- Check if the mattress is as firm as you would like it to be.
Here is a proven way to check: When you lie on the mattress put your hand in the opening between the small of your back and the mattress. If your hand goes in freely, then the mattress is on the hard side. - If you find it difficult to squeeze your hand in, then you must be lying on a softer mattress..
- Try to learn as much as you can about the quality of materials used in the mattress.
- It is always better to pay a little bit еxtra to secure a pleasant and healthy rest.
The mattress must be installed on a properly fixed support frame.
Having consulted the instructions on the label, position the mattress with the correct (summer or winter) side facing up.
The specialists at ‘Relax Matt’ Ltd. would like to recommend you the usage of a Mattress protector. It can help you keep your mattress clean and prolong its life by up to 30%.
It is customаry to feel strange when you lie on your new mattress or bed for the first time. For this feeling to wear off, people need different periods of adaptation.
After having used the mattress for 3 months, rotate it horizontally so that you change the "head"-"legs" orientation. This action should be repeated every 2 or 3 months.
With the change of seasons and having consulted the instructions on the label, position the mattress with the correct (summer or winter) side facing up.
Advice for healthy sleep
- Do not drink coffee or soft drinks containing caffeine 3 to 4 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid eating 4 to 5 hours before going to bed.
- Well engineered and comfortable mattresses can also help you sleep well.
- The air temperature in your bedroom should be around 18° С.
- It is better not to keep any flowers or plants in your bedroom as they tend to reduce the quantity of oxygen, so needful to the human body.
- It is much better when your bedroom is dark and silent.
- A person must sleep 7 to 8 hours minimum in order to feel well on the next day.
The team of ‘Relax Matt’ Ltd. wishes you happy dreams...